Monday, September 28, 2009

Maura Bruno: Cheese Connoisseur

We held the first annual Maura Bruno cheese-tasting party last night. It started out as Sunday dinner with my family and rapidly morphed into a cheese-themed party that got a little out of control. I think we had over 12 types of cheese (cheeses??) I also made a cake shaped like a cheese wheel that turned out looking more like Pac Man with polka dots, but the kids liked it anyway.

All I can say is that I'm not eating cheese again for awhile. There were some strong ones in the mix. But Maura had a blast and she deserved it after being so sick.


Here we are toasting to each other.


Here are the massive amounts of cheese. Sadly we ate most of it. And now we are paying for it.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

You are such a cute mom.
Seriously.
And how in the crap are you so skinny already?!

Rachel said...

I like to call it the "I am so stressed out my stomach is eating itself diet." But I still have a few pounds to go. One more family crisis and I'll hit my goal weight!

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

Such a clever and fun way to entice kids to try new foods. I'm sure they like cheese to begin with but it's a jumping off point toward more sophisticated cheeses. Good one.