I just wanted to post on this Thanksgiving for all of the things I am thankful for. I am obviously thankful for the big things, my husband, kids, extended family, friends, etc. I would elaborate on how much I love these people, but that just isn't really my style. It isn't that I'm not extremely grateful for all that I have...it is just that my emotions make me uncomfortable so I have to use humor to mask how unpleasant it is for me to talk about how I feel. So I thought I would list the little things in life that I am very grateful for.
Extra Strength Mylanta
Taco Amigo's bean burritos
Concealer (and makeup in general)
Jeans with elastic waistbands
A 5-year who knows how to change her brother's diapers
The Disney Channel
Let us all reflect upon the small things in life that we take for granted.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
It looks like it is time for us to say goodbye to our first (and probably last) pet here at the Bruno house. Sophie the bunny is officially on the market. It seems Maura has developed a severe allergy to her beloved Sophie. Just from touching her fur she gets hives all over her face and neck. I am a little sad, but I have developed a severe reaction to Sophie's litterbox, so maybe it is for the best. I am sad because Maura is going to cry really hard when we give her away. So if you know anybody who would like a bunny please have them email me. Here are her stats:
Name: Sophie (she also responds to "damn bunny" and "stinky")
Age: One year
Breed: Fluffy white type of bunny (she is actually a dwarf jersey woolly)
Size: small-ish. She weighs about 2 1/2 pounds
Comes with: Cage, food, hay and litter for one month. There is also a leash we use to take her outside cause she is real fast. Don't laugh. It's embarrassing when a miniature bunny can run faster than you.
Care: she is pretty low-maintenance. You have to empty her litterbox every day and give her food and hay. She has to get out of the cage and run around for a few minutes every day or gets mad and chews her cage. She also needs to be brushed about once a week. She is litter-box trained and only goes in her box. She won't go on your carpet or your lap when you let her out. Unless you scare her.
She is pretty darn sweet and we like her and want to find a good home for her. I would rather the person who takes her does not turn her into rabbit stew. Or a coat.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
And I hate all other days that say that they are friends with today. Or even if they say they just "occassionally hang out" with today but "it isn't very serious." I hate yesterday and tomorrow because they are too close to today and it's badness has rubbed off on them. I hate this post because it has the word "today" in it.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Maybe the news stations could stop broadcasting how horrible the conditions are in our country. I have a feeling that people are stressed out enough without hearing words like "disaster" or "catastrophe" or "cataclysm" every time they turn on the TV. Can't I just watch reruns of Hangin With Mr. Cooper without being told that the world is coming to an end??
Monday, November 17, 2008
I am finally getting around to posting pictures from Halloween. Maura was a cute little genie and Collin was Buzz Lightyear. When we went trick or treating he saw another boy dressed up as Woody and he was so excited he almost hyperventilated. He mostly just loved saying "Trick or Treat" and didn't care if he got candy or not. I wanted to include a picture from last year, because we were at the height of the Sally craziness at the time and Maura kept telling me how Sally was there the whole time. I didn't think much of it until I saw the picture and notice the little orbs around Maura's head. Freaky right? I'm happy to report that the pictures were orb-free this year. What a relief.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
So...I have received some concerned emails about whether I am still alive or not, so I thought I would give a little update. I will use my favorite format, a list.
- Unlike the rest of Utah, I am THRILLED with the outcome of the election. This is the first time that my voting has not been followed by a deep depression. Sometimes I feel like the only Liberal Mormon housewife in the world. It can be a lonely place.
- I have been given about 3 due dates...and today at the Dr. he put a big ? next to my due date. This doesn't make me feel very good. Shouldn't doctors know these things? I'm due anytime between May 1st and May 30th. For anyone who has been pregnant, this is a big deal.
- The baby really hates me. I am still on a schedule of throwing up 3-5 times a day. Yet I have still managed to gain 7 pounds. Life isn't fair. If I am going to miserable, I shouldn't be fat and miserable.
- Collin has some strange rash on his genital area. Nobody tells you that your kids will develop the strangest bumps and rashes and neither you or your doctor will have the slightest clue what it is. We finally took him in today after it spread. We were trying to prepare him for the doctor poking and prodding him, but it backfired a little. As soon as we walked in he yelled "He's going to touch my penis!" and then he asked everyone he saw if they would be the ones to touch him. Next time I will let the doctor surprise him.
- I just realized that some pedophiles are going to come across my blog. Maybe I shouldn't have shared #4.