Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thanksgiving

I just wanted to post on this Thanksgiving for all of the things I am thankful for. I am obviously thankful for the big things, my husband, kids, extended family, friends, etc. I would elaborate on how much I love these people, but that just isn't really my style. It isn't that I'm not extremely grateful for all that I have...it is just that my emotions make me uncomfortable so I have to use humor to mask how unpleasant it is for me to talk about how I feel. So I thought I would list the little things in life that I am very grateful for.


Extra Strength Mylanta
Netflix
Chocolate Licorice
Target
Taco Amigo's bean burritos
Concealer (and makeup in general)
Jeans with elastic waistbands
A 5-year who knows how to change her brother's diapers
The Disney Channel

Let us all reflect upon the small things in life that we take for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

Mike's 4-yr-old niece thought we should name our daughter Sally. I laughed/shivered and told her that was, umm...a great name. I couldn't help but think of you.

Her other suggestions were Rapunzel and Pocahontas. Nice, huh?

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful Rach, beautiful, put tears in my eyes. But I do love Taco Amigo!

Heidi said...

How did you get Maura to change a diaper?! I'm very impressed. Abbie hasn't even changed a diaper. Maybe tomorrow! I still change plenty of diapers around here. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Next year you should come up here. We would love it.

Andrea Templeman said...

You hate Chocolate...but you love Chocolate Licorice? You are very strange.

Rachel said...

Andrea, I am an riddle wrapped in an enigma. I don't think chocolate licorice really falls into the chocolate category anyway. Heidi, it was messy the first few times but I was willing to keep trying and it worked out. I guess I could have spent more energy in potty training, but this works too. He even holds still for her better than me. He is more scared of her because she will hit him and I won't.