Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Outnumbered

So...it's a boy! It isn't the most pleasant thing to find out the gender of your baby when you are freaked out in an emergency room, but I am still thrilled to find out. I'm trying to focus on my little boy and not on all the things going wrong, and knowing that what is causing all this trouble is a real life baby boy is helping. (In case you are wondering I have some rare thing that is called a placental abruption. The nurse kept saying "This is so rare!" Somehow, that doesn't make me feel better). I thought Maura would be sad that she didn't get her sister (and won't be getting one, by the way), but the morning after we told her she had an epiphany while eating her Fruity Pebbles. She said to Rand, "Daddy, I get to have two brothers and Collin only gets to have one." At least she inherited Rand's way of looking on the bright side. I am very, very excited and I'm hopeful everything will turn out fine. We don't have a name yet but every time Maura asks I tell her we are naming him Maynard, just because it is the ugliest name I can think of.

11 comments:

dana liston said...

Rachel-sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Good luck. I am happy that you are having a boy. Just take it easy.

Melanie said...

Congrats on the boy!! I'm interested to see who he's more like, Maura or Colin. I hope, now that they know what's going on, you can feel better. . . All my toes and fingers are crossed for you.

Kalli Ko said...

yikes!!! hoooray for the baby boy and i hope all is well!!!

Heidi said...

We needed another boy in the family! Congrats! We are happy for you. Crazy about your health. We will be praying for you. Pregnancy is hard enough without complications. Hang in there!

Stefanie Raynes said...

CONGRATS on the boy! I hope everything is ok...PLEASE let me know if I can do anything.

Sylvia said...

Hey, i will be thinking about you. I hope you're feeling okay?? or is that too much to hope for? I'm sorry you're having such health issues! But I'm sure everything will be just fine with the baby and things will turn out great.

All will be well with young Maynard.

Rachel said...

Thanks ladies for thinking of me! I'm feeling okay as long as I stay in bed. It is hard to sit here and worry but if it helps, I am willing to suffer! Feel free to email me or call me. I got nothin' but time right now!

Anonymous said...

good luck to ya Rach! Maynard huh... interesting..

Spread goodness. said...

My dad's name is Maynard!

Ryan Templeman said...

Maynard-- yeah it's bad, but the "worst name" you can think of? Really? I don't think you're trying hard enough. What about Gart, or Floyd, or Blanket-- or even a boy named Sue.
Oh and I'm sorry to hear that you're complicated... and congrats baby boy... and let us (and I mean Andrea) know if we can help you out at all. Take care!

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

Wow, that's scary! How long does that require bed rest?

I would love to have boys so congrats! Here's an awful idea: Brutus Bruno. I can think of all kinds of horrible names. I just can't agree with my husband on what to call our kid. I have to agree Maynard is pretty bad.