Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Cause I hear a lot of crap that passes for Christmas music these days. The thing is, I love Christmas music. But there are some simple rules to follow when enjoying the sounds of the season.
  1. Songs can be either religious or happy (or both) but sad songs at Christmas suck. Like that one about the boy who's mom is dying and he wants to buy her shoes. Boo! I don't want to hear about your dying mother, sing me a song about Santa!
  2. Love songs don't count as Christmas songs either. Sorry Andrea, I know how you love that Wham! song, but singing about your lover dumping you on Christmas does not bring the Christmas spirit. Especially when your band name has an exclamation point in it. I'm thinking of adding one to my name. From now on you shall all call me Rachel!
  3. If you have ever appeared in a music video in a bikini or any of your songs have included "licious" on the end of a word, you shouldn't be allowed to make a Christmas album (Jessica Simpson, Mariah Carey, etc. , etc.)
  4. Every Christmas song is better when Kermit the Frog is singing it.
Now if we can all just follow these simple rules...

7 comments:

Ryan Templeman said...

I will not dispute you on Kermit the Frog.

You've managed to create a rule against Jessica Simpson singing 'Little Drummer Boy' but what about "artists" like Babyface or Doug Osmond for that matter.

These monstrocities need to be stopped.

Rachel said...

Good point. I might have to create more rules. There is that song "Mary did you know" that I have heard Doug Osmond sing and it sent shivers up my spine. Not in the good way either...in the "I wish I would pass out so I wouldn't have to hear this song anymore" kind of way.

Chanin said...

Rachel! I have to second every word-absolutely. I was in the car and Mariah Carey the Christmas Bunny was the last thing I heard on the radio. Does anyone have a cure for "last song I heard on the radio" syndrome? Aaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Ryan Templeman said...

http://www.dvo.com/Products/02%20The%20Little%20Drummer%20Boy-short.mp3

WORST CHRISTMAS SONG COVER EVER!!

Anonymous said...

bahhh humbug, yeah but i agree come on let's be HAPPY!

Sylvia said...

Rachel!

that's all. Just wanted to call you Rachel!

Heidi said...

Amen!