Friday, January 2, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust...

Another year is gone. My post titles continue to be song titles. So it goes.

I had 2 weeks off of work and a merciful boss who let me take enough time to get healthy again. I had a great time playing barbies and building train tracks and sleeping in and laying around in my pajamas all day. I had a long list of things to do over the Christmas break, but I didn't get to most of it. I should have written "Try to cover every square inch of floor in my house with toys, clothes, and garbage." That one I accomplished. Anyway, here are some highlights from the holidays.Maura's first dance recital. She was scared to get up in front of everyone until she found out she got to wear a tiara.
We got to go on the Polar Express. For a little boy obsessed with trains, it was a dream come true. He had more fun just staring at the trains while waiting to get on than he did actually being on it.This is how he spends hours a day at our house. He has named all of the trains and has different voices for each of them. A little scary.

We found a great home for our Sophie. A lady here in Lehi gave it to her son for Christmas and we hope she is happy. She even gave Maura a white stuffed bunny because she felt bad for taking her pet on Christmas. Maura did pretty good but Collin had a hard time. Right after she was gone we found him on the front room floor with his head in his hands and he said "Sophie is lost. I can't find her."


Santa came through with trains for Collin and a Unicorn for Maura. Maura also got a tattoo kit and nobody left Grandma and Grandpa Bruno's house without one, whether they wanted it or not. We encourage her dream of becoming a tattoo artist. I'm afraid that pretty soon airbrushing tattoos won't be enough and she will want to give everyone real ones.

The kids had a blast and were thoroughly spoiled by all of their Grandparents. Next year I will have three kids to spoil. Yikes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm still thinking of collin with his hands in his face about soffie :( but i'm glad you had a good christmas! ho...ho...ho.

Mandy said...

Rachel, you need to bring your son to my house because my HUSBAND is also obsessed with trains and has a whole room filled with them. Let me know! You are welcome anytime! We just live in Springville.

Mandy

Rachel said...

Mandy, I might have to take you up on that! Just be warned that he might never leave your house.

Heidi said...

Collin reminds me of Connor. We have pictures just like that of Connor lying on the floor with his trains. When he was Collin's age we took him to Thomas Train and he too thought it was the greatest thing ever. I miss those days. The new obession are Legos. Too many pieces. Enjoy the trains!

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

I look forward to Christmas with kids. Looks fun!

I love the Sophie saga. And just knowing you would swear at the bunny makes me laugh. Mike gets personally offended if I call his cat "stupid." I doubt he would be satisfied with a stuffed version replacement.