Monday, January 12, 2009

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Sometimes my mind wanders to the small things that change when you have kids...so I was cleaning out my purse last night and thinking of the time when I had things in there I actually needed. Now I have fun things in there that just appear out of nowhere.

A small plastic horse: naturally.

A fake apple: I got really excited because I thought it was real. I guess the fact that it was the size of a gumball should have given it away.

Spiderman band aids: Don't lie, you would still rather have a band aid with a cartoon character on it than a plain one. I have seen your face light up when you asked me for a band aid and you got one with Barbie on it. You know who you are.

Chapstick: Not unusual, I know. Except that I have various brands of lip balm and each one either has a bite out of it or has been licked by a certain 2 year old boy. I guess they shouldn't make them bright colors with flavors like strawberry banana and vanilla. I am tempted sometimes too. Nobody is ever going to ask to borrow my Chapstick again are they?

Tootsie pops, M & M's and Smarties: Before I had kids I used to say I wouldn't give them candy to shut them up. I was funny.

A pocket calendar: It has drawings of people (most likely Sally) over most of the months.

10 gum wrappers and an empty pack of gum: I'm going to find that gum later.

A yellow ninja: Not a real ninja, just a really tiny one. This was my favorite. Everyone should have a yellow ninja on them at all times.

Maybe I don't miss the time when I had boring things in my purse. My purse is fun and if I get stuck waiting somewhere I have toys and candy. I'm set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! kids will flock to you! that is why i don't carry a purse ha ha ha ha ha!

Sylvia said...

I wanted to get Bailey a shirt made that said, "I Eat Chapstick."

But the worst part is, my isn't even flavored. It's like, plain Blistex.