Friday, January 16, 2009

Hi! My Name is...What?

That's right people, it's an Eminem lyric. I can't fight the song titles, they just come to me.

But seriously, I am having the hardest time naming this kid I am going to have. With the other two we just decided and that was that. This one is tricky. Sylvia, remember how my nickname was Tricky in elementary school? I was thinking about that the other day and I can't remember why, do you? But I digress. The name thing=hard.

With a last name like Bruno, you have to be careful. It isn't as bad as Schaugaard, but still. Maybe we shouldn't fight the whole "I wear gold chains and slick my hair back and I will cut off your fingers if you cross me" thing. We could name him Vinnie or Tony and he would be set with a life in organized crime. We liked the name Max, but it still sounds a little too tough. Like his friends could say, "Hey, stop or I will get Max Bruno to beat you up."

So... help! I have narrowed it down to a few that Rand and I like, please vote or if you hate all of the options you can give me any suggestions. If you don't help he could be called Junior for the rest of his life. Nobody wants that.

8 comments:

Sylvia said...

First, may I say, I am honored to have made it onto your blog....and as I type this, I'm hoping there wasn't another Sylvia from elementary school you were talking to--how embarrassing for me.

Second, as I was reading it, 'Tricky' sounded off no alarms, but 'Twicky' somehow did....and no other accompanying bells dinged. 'Twicky'??? I swear, i remember NOTHING else about it! I have no clue why that was your name, or even if that WAS your name??? We were so weird. Weren't we always breaking pinatas together at our Spanish immersion parties? maybe we got batted in the head a couple times.

Third, i like the name Owen (i'm the one who voted for that).

And fourth, just be glad your last name isn't Updegraff. I thought about 'Max'. Max Bruno could possibly be a mobster, but Max Updegraff--all I could think of was an 85-year old man, wrinkles, cigar, Friday-night poker and a drinking problem.

Stacey said...

my vote is for Owen-if stacey and I were to have had a boy we were going to use owen shield bruno...it has a good sound
Robby

Melanee Raynes said...

I was going to pick Damien but then his initials would be DB. Don't nobody wanna be called a DB.

Karrie said...

Hi Rachel

My brothers name is Rhett so I am definatly voting for that name. He is named after Rhett Butler. How can you go wrong! Good luck with the decision!

Karrie Wight

Rachel said...

Karrie, that is so funny...The other day Rand was just saying that he only knew one Rhett that he went to high school with. We were looking at your blog and he saw your maiden name and said...that was the Rhett I went to school with!

Anonymous said...

i still don't know which to pick yet... just do like Cher does and do just BRUNO!

birdman33 said...

Rach, though I read your blog regularly, I do not normally post comments. But now that "Damien" is receiving the most votes for your unborn, I can no longer remain silent. Hello! Has nobody else seen The Omen? Do you not remember Damien the devil-child--literally the offspring of Satan? All I'm saying is...you don't need future-child Damien plotting your demise before he can speak. Think about it.

Big Brother

Rachel said...

Um...I haven't seen the Omen but I'm glad for the warning. Maura was born around the same time as "The Ring" and the freaky little girl's name in that was "Samara" and that was even a little too close for comfort.