Friday, December 5, 2008

The Computer Age

Maura asks a lot of questions. I hear this is common among 5 year olds, but I still feel like she asks more questions than any other child on earth. I have had to somehow limit her question asking for my own sanity so we had this rule that she could ask as many questions as she wants when we are in the car. This sounds mean, but it works. And trust me, she doesn't run out of questions. But with me in bed lately, she doesn't have car question time so I let her loose yesterday. Normally I can answer 50% of her questions and the other half I have to call somebody or look it up on the Internet. Here are some examples of questions lately
"How many moons does Jupiter have?"
"Do stars move in the sky?"
"Do all birds migrate and which ones don't"
"What is Barbie's mom's name?"
"I know how the baby comes out....but how did it get in?" (completely avoided that one)
"I don't want to have a baby, can I just buy one? (Ya, didn't grandma and grandpa buy Emily?That worked out well for the most part :))
"Why don't any of your shirts fit over your belly?"
Tonight one of her questions I didn't know and couldn't find out.
"Mom, can we eat food in heaven and if we can, can we eat tater tots?" I told her I didn't know and she said, "Then look it up on the computer."

Why can't I look up what we eat in heaven? Maybe I would work harder if I knew there would be Chicken Tikamasala from Bombay House. There has to be a way to find this out.

4 comments:

Andrea Templeman said...

We'll have bodies eventually, seems like we would still eat, if we have a body. I wonder if Christ ate with the 12 after he came back?
Imagine what kind of questions she'll be asking in 5 years!! Good Luck to you!

Anonymous said...

oye vay! that girl sure has some hard questions. If we only eat tatar tots in heaven, I don't want to eat.

Ashlee said...

What is Barbie's mom's name? Maura's got me all curious now. Love your blog. It's delightful. And congrats on having a boy!!!

(I hope you don't mind...I found your blog through Stef's).

Rachel said...

Welcome Ashlee, the more the merrier!