Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's So Hard To Say Good-Bye


It looks like it is time for us to say goodbye to our first (and probably last) pet here at the Bruno house. Sophie the bunny is officially on the market. It seems Maura has developed a severe allergy to her beloved Sophie. Just from touching her fur she gets hives all over her face and neck. I am a little sad, but I have developed a severe reaction to Sophie's litterbox, so maybe it is for the best. I am sad because Maura is going to cry really hard when we give her away. So if you know anybody who would like a bunny please have them email me. Here are her stats:


Name: Sophie (she also responds to "damn bunny" and "stinky")

Age: One year

Breed: Fluffy white type of bunny (she is actually a dwarf jersey woolly)

Size: small-ish. She weighs about 2 1/2 pounds

Comes with: Cage, food, hay and litter for one month. There is also a leash we use to take her outside cause she is real fast. Don't laugh. It's embarrassing when a miniature bunny can run faster than you.

Care: she is pretty low-maintenance. You have to empty her litterbox every day and give her food and hay. She has to get out of the cage and run around for a few minutes every day or gets mad and chews her cage. She also needs to be brushed about once a week. She is litter-box trained and only goes in her box. She won't go on your carpet or your lap when you let her out. Unless you scare her.

She is pretty darn sweet and we like her and want to find a good home for her. I would rather the person who takes her does not turn her into rabbit stew. Or a coat.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I am so sad, she loves Sophie! I hope she does find a good home, how much $$ and I'll post on my blog to see if anyone wants her.

Sylvia said...

Poor Maura, that is very sad. I'm sorry she has to say goodbye to her cute little pet.

On a different note, could you please post a picture of you walking that bunny on a leash before you give her away? Please? It would be so cruel not to.

PS When I saw that picture of Maura, it was like looking at your clone!!!

PPS Didn't your gerbil pee on me when i played at your house one time? I swear it was. And you named it 'Whizzer' because it, uh, 'whizzed' on people all the time. I swear that was you. Am i right?? ahhh, memories.