Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mental Illness or True Love?



So...most of you that know me know that I am not the most sentimental person in the world (to say the least). I don't like to hug people, I don't cry that much (even when socially acceptable) and I don't watch lame "chick" movies.

However, I feel like I should make an exception for today. I just realized (after reading Heidi's post) that 10 years ago today Rand and I met. I was a college student that was determined not to get married until I was at least 30. Then one night Corinne convinced me to go on a date with her boyfriend's brother. I didn't want to go and I wasn't too happy about it, but I went. And all my plans went down the drain.

10 years later (9 years of marriage + 2 kids) I am pretty darn glad that I met him. I can't think of anybody else who would put up with me. I am probably a pretty hard person to live with (I'm okay admitting that) . I am opinionated, sarcastic, pessimistic, stubborn and impatient. I have probably contributed to his rapidly graying hair. I like to call him girl names like "Rannie" or "Randrea." But he stays and treats me good despite all of this and he even decided to have children with me (and risk passing on all of these traits to them). Maybe he is just crazy, but that's okay. I love you sweetie! I hope you can stand a few more decades with me.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm tearing up and not from the sentimental post..."Randrea"?!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you randomly call him that in the grocery store just to see how people react? Funny.

Anonymous said...

A geee so cute! congrats on your torture together!

Heidi said...

We lucked out with these Bruno boys. They're so good to put up with just about anything. And we got the extra bonus of being sister-in-laws on top of it. I love it!