Monday, August 17, 2009

I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine

I've been thinking about nicknames lately. We just haven't really found one that fits Max yet. And I have tried to make it clear to everyone that "Maxi" is out. Very, very out. Nicknames are important. Sometimes they fade away but sometimes they stick with you FOREVER. When my Niece Olivia was born, Riley noticed that she somewhat resembled Bob's Big Boy. Okay, she looked just like him (if he were female and 50% asian...oh and real). So we started calling her "Bob" when she was a baby. She is 5 now and it is still hangin' on. I try to stop myself so most of the time I end up calling her "Bolivia." Poor thing, she either has an old man's name or a South American county known for drug-trafficking. Anyway, here are names that Max has been called thus far. I'm noticing a pattern here...

Maximus
Smaximus
Maximaniac
Squishy
Dough Boy
Frank the Tank
Stay Puft
Marshmallow
Fatboy Slim
Chunky
Fatty Lumpkins
and the less creative...Fatso.

I get it, he's fat. But I would rather his nickname didn't reflect the fact that he is a little rotund.

Vote for your favorite.

15 comments:

Kalli said...

Let's just hope the kids in school never go with "Maxi Pad".

I like squishy best. I just like him. May I have?

Jennifer said...

none... sorry. Just call him Max.

Chanin said...

Maximus. It embodies his little self so well. I love it!

Rachel said...

Oh, and his middle name is Robert so we could go with "Max Bob"

Melanee Raynes said...

Me likes "Smaximus"

P.S. I have your blog on bloglines and read it the moment something is posted.

birdman33 said...

I vote for Fathead. You know, the "Better than a poster. Bigger than a sticker" company. Those life size cutouts of professional athletes you stick on your wall? I think that fits him...

Rachel said...

Riley, you are not allowed to vote.

Sylvia said...

Although i love all those names, maybe you should stick to Max. Or Maximus. Kurt's parents' nicknames from like 50 years ago were Chunker and Chubber....and guess what they still call each other? Yeah, you don't want names like that sticking.

Ashley said...

I vote Smaximus. Very cool.

Karrie said...

I vote for Stay puft. Jason uses jay puft for him self and I like it. I agree with Maxi. I vowed I would never call our cat Maxi and I do. I hate when I do it.

Anonymous said...

hey you didn't put my one "chubba" lol

Jamie said...

how about just "skinny" ps i am kalli's sis in law just doing a little blog stocking

Linda S said...

How about Slim Bert?

Kriss said...

What does it mean that your own mother is neither a friend or a relative? I'll work on that. Sorry to have given you all my bad habits like falling, getting in the wrong car and all your neurotic tendancies- just admit it, ok? I shall call our large baby Maxman- he supernaturally good looking, heavy, smart and lovable. I was tending Maura and I spilled alot of milk on the floor and I said "I am so stupid!" and Maura told me I'm not allowed to say the s word. I still love you, I don't know why. Mom

Rachel said...

Mom? Is that you? I can't believe you have never commented on blog...being that you are on the computer so much. You can only be my friend or relative if you start your own blog...so get going on that :)