Sunday, August 30, 2009

becoming one with nature

I like nature. Unless you count bugs, animals and fish. Wait, fish are animals. I hate fish. We visited all of these things when we met Kalli and her very nice friends at Cascade Springs. I did quite enjoy her dog Gus, who chased some wandering cows off the path for us and a stampede of dumb ugly cows ensued. Quite entertaining. If you have ever been to Cascade Springs, it is usually a breeding ground for grasshoppers, but I didn't see a one, so it was a good day. Collin kept teasing me and saying "Mommy, a grasshopper jumped on my foot!" He thinks he is funny.

The next day was my niece Taylor's birthday and we all went to the Copper Mine to enjoy some more of nature's gifts.

This looks like Collin is playing with a tiny toy dump truck, but those things were huge! I wanted to hop in one and take a ride down the canyon but the security guard said no. I guess that is why they have security guards at a copper mine.


I love this picture. Your typical 12-year old "I am WAY too cool for this" picture. What cute nieces and nephew I have.

Collin had this grin on his face the whole time. Dirt, dump trucks, excavators...he was in heaven.


We also enjoy the great outdoors every Wednesday at Maura's soccer games. We are 0-3 but I just know we have a win in us! She runs her little heart (and littler legs) out and then loses steam about 1/2 way through, but it is so fun to watch.

5 comments:

Kalli said...

I wouldn't exactly call it a stampede, more of a disgruntled cow migration.

Grasshoppers, yeck.

Max, YUM!

Rachel said...

For those of us who didn't grow up in Wyoming it was a stampede. Didn't you see the one Gus almost ran into a tree? It just started running and didn't watch where it was going. If it would have knocked itself out I would have passed out laughing.

Ashley said...

I noticed that you're listening to Bon Iver today. I kind of love him. Don't tell Blair. Did you go listen to him when he came to Utah earlier this month?

Rachel said...

We love Bon Iver, it is okay for me to love him because I think Rand has a man-crush on him. I noticed Maura had stolen my cd the other night to put in her room, so it is kind of a family activity to love them. such good taste. I didn't go, I hear that there were like 6,000 people going and I am too old to fight with crowds and way too old to sit at the back and try and to hear and enjoy it.

Heidi said...

Love little kids in soccer clothes. Abbie, Connor and Em are all playing this year. I hope I survive!