Thursday, July 9, 2009

Reality Bites

Does the reality of your life sometimes sneak up and smack you in the face? It does that to me occassionally and some days it makes me smile and other days it makes me curl up in a ball and rock back and forth. Today it was the latter. I was hoping to be at the Jenny Lewis and Bon Iver concert tonight, but instead I found myself at the grocery store buying milk and an onion. As I wandered the isles of the evil empire known as Walmart, I couldn't find anything I was looking for and I was grumbling under my breath (and swearing, not so under my breath) and then I came to the sad realization that I actually BELONGED at Walmart at 7:00 at night. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. But then I saw the cutest little boy who was so tired from having so much fun for hours outside today that he fell asleep 10 seconds after his heat hit the ground. And I felt okay again. Until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Andrea Templeman said...

What was the onion for?

Rachel said...

The sad thing is that I don't even remember what the onion was for. I know I needed one, but it is still in my fridge...