Friday, July 3, 2009

I Like To Ride My Bicycle, I Like To Ride My Bike

I'm trying to join in the lovefest of summer and enjoy it as much as everyone else...but it is difficult for me. There is plenty to love. BBQ's, the kids being outside most of the day, the slip n' slide slide, and of course Collin riding his big boy bike (he is getting so big!)



But there is the part I hate too.

#1 The heat and I don't get along. As Lars would say "we sweat on relatively cool days." Too much information...right? Sorry. It's true.

#2 Baseball. I actually love baseball, it is my favorite sport. I used to go to all of Rand's games and was known to play in a few leagues myself (and I'm not too bad for a girl). That all ended when this happened:



A foul ball straight to a 10 month old's face and a ride in an ambulance will end your love of baseball real quick. We tried to go to an Orem Owlz game last summer and after having a ball land a few yards away from us, I spent the rest of the time in the playground with the huge net around it. Maura isn't the least bit scared of baseballs hitting her in the face...strange. If you look close you can actually see the imprint of the stitches from the baseball.

#3 You know what it is. They are out. They are after me. They are vile. They shall not be named.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Collin looks happy at least, i think he likes summers. lol, baseball, yeah i stay away from that, i forgot how bad that looked.

Chanin said...

Oh, Rach....#3? Are you talking about nasty "hassgroppers"? I won't name the beasts.

Andrea Templeman said...

Even with a black eye, she was such a cute baby!! That doesn't seem like that long ago. It won't be long before Max is sitting up like that.

Rachel said...

I think when Max and Collin start playing baseball I will make them wear hockey masks.

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kalli said...

that picture gives me a heart attack, great Rachel, thanks. Now I can't go anywhere near a baseball field.

Rachel said...

Sorry Kalli. On the bright side, she was laughing by the time we left the ER (though I was still hyperventilating). I required more sedation than her.

Ashley said...

This makes me want to cry and throw up at the same time. I too hate baseballs. So sad... :(