Tuesday, July 21, 2009

...and I feel fine

Do you ever have recurring dreams? Or the same kind of dream over and over? I do. There is the one where Emily and I die Thelma and Louise style off a cliff, I have that one a lot. Don't know what it means. But that one doesn't really bother me (it does bother Em though, she still gets nervous when we are in a car alone together). For about 10-15 years I have had these crazy end-of-the-world dreams. The world has ended in every way imaginable. They are horrible, awful, completely realistic dreams. I wake up screaming, sweating, sometimes crying. I have them a few times a year. Occasionally Rand will just pat my back or say "how did it end this time?" So how does the world end? Well most recently it has been floods, killer bats, nuclear war, and of course aliens with lasers. There is one thing that is always the same in these dreams. I am always one of the last survivors and everyone I know is gone (a.k.a. dead, eaten, burned, lasered, etc.). And I am always running for my life.

The reason I am writing about all of this is because I had THE most disturbing end of the world dream EVER. And that is saying a lot. So here goes. No laughing. It was really scary. I can't even explain how terrified I was. Are you ready now? How about now? Okay. For reals this time.

Flash forward a few years and drugs and illegal immigration has gotten really out of control. So the government engineers these under-water robots to keep boats from bringing people and drugs into the country. Well, somehow the scientist made these robots too good. And they mutate. They get really, really big. And mean. Imagine the Iron Giant if he were mean and had a skeleton head. Anyway, these robots become human-crushers. They come onto land and keep growing bigger and bigger and they crush all of the humans in the world. Everyone but me and a few other people. They chase me everywhere and crush everyone around me and just as one is about to get me.....I wake up.

I hope you had a good laugh. Like I said, it doesn't sound scary when I tell it. But trust me, it had me begging for the swarms of killer bats. And they were REAL bad.

Maybe I should have a new blog. www.howdiditendthistimerachel.blogspot.com

I'm not allowed to watch movies or the news anymore.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

whatever, when you have one that comes once a year, and I die in it, yeah I worry about driving with you alone. but your dreams we could make into sci fi movies ya know, make millions!

Rachel said...

All that money won't do us much good since we died driving over a cliff. I'm always driving too...

birdman33 said...

Agreed, that's messed up Rach. In my last end of the world dream (yes, I have them too) the world was destroyed by lightning and fire. But while that was happening, people were lining up and being taken to heaven by angels (I presume it was heaven). And guess what? I was at the back of the line and didn't get "selected." At least the robots thought enough of you to kill you...

Jennifer said...

This family has a bunch of freaks!

Just kidding...I am just glad its you and Riley that have these dreams and not the girls and me. :)

Andrea Templeman said...

Please explain to me how these robots grow? Does their metal stretch, or do they someone how generate more metal to accommodate their size? Do they just keep adding to themselves in order to grow? Or do they do it transformer style and 20 robots join together to become 1?

Melanie said...

I thought you were going to say grasshoppers.

Mandy said...

How do I get on your good side so I'm allowed to live in your dreams?

Rachel said...

Riley, I'm not surprised you were at the end of the line...I'm just sayin'....

Andrea, I think they were made of that liquid metal like in terminator. I can't be sure because I was too busy trying save the human race from extinction to ask.

Spread goodness. said...

Where did you come from? Seriously!

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

oh yeah, I've had a dream like that only the destroyers were more from Will Smith's I Am Legend. I also chalk it up to watching too much news, media, etc.