Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Who You Gonna Call?

I want to start off by saying that I don't know if I believe in ghosts. I mean, I guess I believe in them, I just don't believe that they would waste their time haunting me...especially if they had cool ghostly powers, as the undead often seem to. So while I joke that Sally was (is?) the spirit of a menacing, disturbed dead girl with unfinished business here on earth, I really don't think she is anything more than a manifestation of my child's unhealthy obsession with death.

That being said...there are some really strange things going on in my house. Well, more specifically, in my upstairs. For awhile now our TV will just change channels randomly. You can keep changing it back, but it will just sit and flip through the channels. I called the Dish Network guy and tried to explain it to him, but I think I sounded like a lunatic "hey, my channels change by themselves, could you come and check it out?"...needless to say the problem persists. Also, we have those clocks that set themselves and lately they have been going crazy. In the middle of the night they just start going around and around. I have also noticed that if electronic toys get left in our room they will turn on and off without warning. Collin has a play vacuum and once in the middle of the night it just started singing "I'm going to clean the house all day, dooh-dah, dooh-dah." My iPod will also skip songs and albums without notice only when it is docked upstairs. There seems to be some electromagnetic anomaly occurring here...and I know your first response is "there must be a ghost." But that is so obvious. What if it is something worse than ghosts...like aliens? Either way, I'm a little freaked out.

**PS: Do you ever watch "A Haunting" or "Paranormal State?" These shows are so funny. People think their houses are haunted, but it becomes sadly apparent that they just need some attention. On one show this guy tried to kill his wife with an axe and then claimed it was only because he was possessed. Sure buddy, sure you were.

3 comments:

Andrea Templeman said...

Sounds like the return of "Kurt". You remember him...he lived in your trunk for a while...and then downstairs. Either that or your house was built on a grave yard, and they just moved the headstones...not the graves...oh wait, that was a movie. Nevermind.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm sour ground I'm saying. I'm wearing aluminum foil on my head when I come to your house from now on.

Rachel said...

I remember Kurt, poor guy had to live his afterlife in a Hyundai Excel. If I die and have to live in a car I would hope for at least a Honda or Toyota.