Saturday, February 28, 2009

Circus Freak=Me

Sometimes just showering and putting on clean sweat pants is a victory. That is about all I accomplished today. Well that and a whole lot of complaining. Sorry Rand.

I'd also just like to comment that NEVER EVER EVER will there be posted a picture of my belly, bare or otherwise. This is because that although I have avoided stretch marks for 2.75 pregnancies (but thinking I won't escape unscathed this time around) it does appear that I have swallowed a large watermelon that hasn't yet been digested and is now lodged just above my stomach. For some reason I carry babies in my ribcage. Here is a conversation I have about a dozen times each pregnancy:

Person I don't know well enough to be talking about my body to: "Wow, you carry your baby REALLY high."
me: "I know."
Person: "No, really, it is sooo high up."
me: "Yep, I can tell."
Sometimes this goes one with them trying to convince me. I'm not sure what reaction they are looking for. I would give it to them if I thought it would make them leave me alone.

So avoid the urge to tell me something I already know because I promise...I do realize how I look...being that it is in my body and all. I can feel my ribs spreading apart by the second. Even the nurses make comments and have been known to page other nurses to come and check out my freakish belly. I'm special in other ways too. This is just the most obvious at the moment.

2 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

you are making me cringe picturing how uncomfortable this is for you.

ribs are not a xylophone baby bruno

Stefanie Raynes said...

But...I mean...you really do just carry SO high! HAHA