Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Collin!

My "baby" turned 3 today! We had a birthday extravaganza consisting of 3 days of non-stop activities and we all had so much fun. We went to the zoo (where I mostly sat and tried to avoid all of the smells that made me want to barf) and then we had a family birthday party and then we went to Chuck E. Cheese (which wasn't quite as horrible as I anticipated). Collin's favorite part was going to the store with Grandpa Lars and Grandma Kris. The tradition started because my parents would forget to go get presents (they are old, give them a break) So they started taking them to pick out what they wanted on their birthdays. Let's just say that I don't think it has ever happened where we have taken Collin to the store and said "pick out whatever you want." That is what grandparents are for.

I can't believe Collin is 3 and though we had a rocky start to our relationship (he only slept for 10 minutes at a time for a few months after he was born and I didn't really like him for awhile). But since then he has been such a happy boy and I have loved every minute. Here are my favorite things about Collin:

  1. He doesn't fight with his sister. I hear fighting is common among brothers and sisters but we have lucked out completely. He is happy just to play with her and I never have to break up fights.
  2. His hair. Seriously, this kid has great hair.
  3. His imagination. No toys, no problem. Pretty soon his hands and feet are having deep conversations.
  4. His voices. He has a gift for different voices. Sometimes when I call Rand from work I will ask him if there are other kids over, but it is just Collin using his 10 different voices.
  5. He calls railroad arms "oh mans." We couldn't figure out why for the longest time, but then we realized that when we got stopped by a train (which happens often in Lehi) we would yell "Oh Man!"
  6. He likes me. He likes his dad better but he is still so sweet to me.
I love you buddy.

Cute kids at the zoo



Another year, another train cake. This took me longer to make than I wish to admit...


Collin at Chuck E. Cheese

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh i was so sad to miss his birthday, but u didn't want me coughing on everyone, happy birthday little buddy!

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing those tidbits on Collin. I loved reading it. And I'm super jealous about the no fighting bit. We did not luck out with that one around here. You must be doing something right.