Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Welcome All Mythical Creatures!

It has been awhile since I have heard from Sally...and I was almost starting to miss all the creepy stories Maura would tell me and that strange feeling of someone watching me when I was alone. And then...Collin came home with a new friend a few weeks ago. His name is the Pukel Man. I'll explain. My mom & dad watch the kids once a week while I'm at work, and to get Collin to sleep my dad tells him stories about the creatures in Lord of the Rings (I know, it sounds strange, but Collin loves it). For some reason, Collin became obsessed with the Pukel man (who is similar to a dwarf and live in forest, in case you were wondering). Now the pukel man comes everywhere with us. "Pukel Man is hiding on the ceiling, Pukel Man is on my lamp, Pukel Man is driving the tractor, TIME OUT PUKEL MAN!", etc...

I'm not quite sure what it is about our parenting style that invites these imaginary friends in...or if there is an "imaginary friend" gene that both of my children posses, but it is really entertaining, so I won't complain. I might have to change the blog name, because it seems Sally is long gone and has been replaced by a creepier imaginary being. Although, she has been known to sneak back in to our lives just when we think we have seen the last of her. Maura always told me that Collin could see Sally too. I guess she was right. More on our new friend, Pukel Man to come so stay tuned...

And you thought Sally was creepy....This is a statue of the mythical Pukel Men (otherwise known as woodwoses)

No wonder I don't sleep at night. Look who is wandering around my house...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Um, yes. He's creepy.

Maybe Collin thinks imaginary friends are totally normal because Maura always had them... he may just not know it's odd.

Do you think kids REALLY see imaginary friends? Not that there's really a good way to know that. . .

Kalli Ko said...

your kids' imaginary friends are kind of wigging me out.

I mean that pukel thing is creeeeepy!

Rachel said...

It is SO CREEPY! I mean, my dad told me about Lord of the Rings and although I was (and still am) traumatized from it, I never created an imaginary friend to deal with it.