Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July this year celebrated with some old traditions
  • BBQ
  • Fireworks
  • Kids having complete meltdowns (okay, it was just one of mine)

And some new traditions:

  • Riley leaping over the fireworks (thanks a lot, now my 2 year thinks its cool to run through balls of fire)
  • Played some Rock Band (although I was banned from the microphone)
  • A (mostly) friendly game of wiffle ball. The old man pulled through and hit the scoring home run. Pretty impressive for a grandfather of 7. I came darn close to pelting Riley in the goodies a few times. Nobody wanted to pitch for me after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no pictures???? We did have fun! it was funny when the wind changed and blew sparks at the kids and they all ran! well I'm sick and twisted in thinking it's funny. lol