Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sometimes.

It is okay that my front room turns into a train station.
It is okay if I trip over little tiny cars or find them in my purse.
It is okay if a cute baby spits up all over me.
Sometimes it is even okay when I get woken up in the night by a little girl with bad dreams.
You want to know what isn't okay? The phrase "Mommm, Collin peed in your bed." Not so okay with me. Especially when I have been all day without caffeine. It is times like this when a visitor comes. She has been named "the mommy monster" by Maura. She doesn't come very often, but she lives deep inside of me and comes out sometimes when I have had it. She came and it wasn't pretty and there was yelling and some tears. Then she went away again and I am back. I hope she doesn't come back for a really long time. I am even a little scared of her.

Do you have one of them living inside of you too?

8 comments:

Ashley said...

My wife monster weasels its way into my life a little too frequently. And yes, it scares me too.

Andrea Templeman said...

I'd rather not talk about it...

Kalli said...

if I talk about it then I'd have to kill you, because that's how it works.

Melanee Raynes said...

Yes, but I am not a mom so I have no excuse letting her out. (sigh)

Rachel said...

Mel, you don't have to be a mom. That is just what we have named my monster. Everybody has a right to snap every now and again. I had my "moments" long before having children. Ask my parents :)

Unknown said...

Totally! When you see the shock and fear in their little eyes, it makes me sad. But if they didn't look scared that would mean we did it too much, right?

Rachel said...

Sandii, just don't worry if you hear my screaming all the way at your house. It is just me...losing my mind.

Heidi said...

My kids need a name for the monster in me. They see it all the time. I feel like I'm calming down a bit as the kids get older, but I still have those moments when I completely lose it. So frustrating. I'm glad kids are so forgiving and resilient.