Sunday, November 29, 2009

Seriously...you didn't know?

Wow...nothin' like having a doctor accidentally saw your intestines in half to slow your life down to a screeching halt. I have had a lot of time to catch up on movies and books. Oh, who am I kidding, I watched TV for 2 weeks straight. Some highlights: Watched "The Jerk" and laughed so hard it hurt. Reruns of "Arrested Development" on IFC and everything on the Discovery Channel. But I did have time to watch a bunch of crap. There is actually a show called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant." Have you seen it? It is real, like real people with real stories. THEY AREN'T MAKING THIS UP and that is what scares me. People who go 9 months not knowing they are pregnant (there are prerequisites for being pregnant people!) and then think they are just constipated when they go into labor. I have some experience in this area, so I feel I am justified in asking these women to please consider getting their tubes tied. Or at least lets not make a show about it, because it makes me sad for the human race. But alas, I did watch every darn episode of it so I suppose I am to blame.

3 comments:

Andrea Templeman said...

I LOVE that show! My favorite is when the one lady is telling her story and she is crying...and she says "and then I turned around, and there was my beautiful baby girl looking up at me from the toilet" Hahahahaha. She pushed a baby out of her and she thought she had just gone to the bathroom?? Ryan and I saw that late one night and I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.
I also think it's funny when they say that they didn't have any signs that they were pregnant but then throughout the show they say things like "I was so sick, and I was so tired, and I gained weight, and I felt movement, and my husband teased me that I had an alien inside my stomach, but there is no way I could be pregnant because I had ONE of my ovaries removed." Hahahaha.

Sylvia said...

What. The Crap. I just watched clips on YouTube and again: What The Crap???!! As a pregnant lady and mother of 3, I ask you, How in the name of all that's holy can you not know you're pregnant with a 7 and 1/2 pound baby???? Are we to believe her? Is she mentally stable? Should she be in the nuthouse? Or did she REALLY NOT KNOW?? Now these questions will be beating down on me forever. Thanks Rach.

But seriously, thanks for recommending the show--intriguing!

Rachel said...

I think that is why I keep watching it. I feel like I can figure it out. Are they in denial? Are they mentally handicapped? Do you really not consider it a possibility? And I have been in labor 3 times and it NEVER felt like going to the bathroom would solve the problem.