Saturday, March 28, 2009

Time For Change?

My blog needs updating. I can't decide what to do with it, so I do nothing at all. I like the cute scrapbook-looking blogs...but they just aren't me. If anyone has any ideas, pass them along my way.

Also, since Sally is no longer with us (i.e. crossed over, gone to the light) I'm wondering if I should change the name of the blog. I guess she will always be a part of our lives, but I'm afraid there will be no more Sally stories. My little girl no longer converses with orange crocodiles, owls that live on the ceiling and undead children. I have even been hoping lately that Sally, as much as I dreaded her appearances and the darkness they brought to our lives, would make one last visit to say goodbye to her surrogate family. It makes me a little sad that Maura would rather talk to actual people now. But there is always Collin, and I have great hopes for him in the way of imaginary friends. He has one that lives in the kitchen, who he goes and talks to when he gets in trouble. The details are shady. I'm not worried about things getting too dull around here.

So what do you think? Should My Friend Sally move on? Do people wonder why I can't just name my blog something normal like everyone else? Speak to me people.

7 comments:

dana liston said...

I like the name of your blog. It's cute and original. I don't have any ideas about your blog page-have you looked at mine? :) Rather dull. So good luck there. How are you feeling? Almost ready to have that baby?

Andrea Templeman said...

Maybe there is a background you would like on this site: http://www.mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

I think there are some cute but not too scrapbooking looking backgrounds.

I like the name of your blog.

cheers for chocolate said...

Check out any background you like by clicking in the upper left corner of the blog you liked. I'm dumb, but I figured out that that will work. Love reading your blog. What is life w/o friends...real or otherwise!
Aunt Janeil

Anonymous said...

i don't know, it's always been your blog name...

Sylvia said...

You change it and no one will know who the heck's blog they're looking at! It must remain My Friend Sally!

I'm not much into the scrapbook backgrounds either (although i do think they're cute--they're just not me so much). Surf the web and find pics of something you like (photo, scenery, bacon) and stick those up there instead?

How're you feeling lately? If you love being pregnant as much as I do, I'm sure you're feeling GRRRRREAT!! [sarcasm dripping here] I really do hope you're feeling good, though!

Rachel said...

Bacon? In the same way that scrapbooking is not for me, bacon is not either.

Pregnancy=torture. All of the pregnancy symptoms just seem so unnecessary to me, really why do I need to have heartburn, migraines, constant back pain AND gain 25 pounds just to procreate? Okay 30 pounds. Okay, it might be 35 at this point, I stopped keeping track.

Heidi said...

I love the name-keep it for sure. We need to keep the memory of Sally alive.