Friday, March 20, 2009

I am LITERALLY having an AHA moment and it was THE BOMB.COM

Okay, so most of my posts are about things that bother me. I guess lots of things bother me, what can I say? Here are some words/phrases that I wish would disappear forever. There are many more, but these are some highlights. If any of the following are in your vocabulary, please erase. Forever.

  1. The phrase "Aha moment." Everyone is having one. I don't know what it means but I think Oprah had something to do with it. Make it stop.
  2. The word literally. I would say just the misuse of the word, but I know that it will always be misused, so let's just get rid of the word altogether. Overheard: "My head LITERALLY exploded." Wow, sorry I missed that.
  3. The word "pop." Example: "That shirt really makes your eyes pop." Again, I think we are misusing the word...and it sounds dumb.
  4. Adding "Gate" to the end of a word to describe a celebrity situation. Like when Britney went without underwear and they called it "Panty-gate." Really?
  5. "It's the bomb.com" I heard a grown man say this. Out loud. I'm serious. He wasn't trying to be funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aha i see what u mean, your message really poped out at me, I hope you don't feel to gated

Ryan Templeman said...

I was gonna write something witty about XanGo-gate and how all the ladies that were about to pop were literally being toss out the windows, but then I had this aha moment and thought Rachel would totally* go gangster* on me, so I refrained. Peace Out*


* Please consider adding these to your list.