Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Green Goodness.


I wish green food made me so happy. Actually, you know what? It did make me pretty happy. We celebrated our Irish ancestry and St. Patrick's day with LOTS of green stuff. I'm not sure of the connection yet, but we did it anyway. And no, that isn't antifreeze, it's just green Gatorade. On the menu: spinach wraps, cucumbers, broccoli, avocados and green jello jigglers. Most kids run away from green food, but mine love it. They are strange in so many ways. We also made a green slush concoction for dessert. The recipe called for rum, but we omitted it. We figured they had enough beer with their lunch...

3 comments:

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

The kid in me is a sucker for color themed meals. I do this on Halloween sometimes with everything orange. It doesn't turn out quite as healthy as your green selection there--kudos to that!

Chanin said...

Yum! We love St. Patty's day. We made Green smoothies with milk and frozen banana. I threw in a handful of fresh spinach and blended it hard and it turned bright green. The kids thought it was great and didn't even know about the spinach. I am an evil mom! Cute lunch. I'll have to remember the spinach wraps. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

ohhh your so good, the most my kids got was a green box of apple juice in their lunch. lol