Monday, March 1, 2010

Mucha Lucha

I am sooooooo glad to be home from Mexico. I contracted the plague (or something similar) and almost died in Mexico City, but I am home and alive. Mexico was actually a blast if I forget about the fever, cough, vomiting, delusions and 20 hour work days. We did find time to fit in some fun and go to the pyramids at Teotihuacan. And I finally was able to put those 10 years of Spanish classes to use.



This is where I almost died at the top of the pyramid of the sun. I wasn't going to go up...but I saw this 80 year-old woman with a cane climbing up and I couldn't be outdone by her, even though I couldn't breathe. But I showed her!

The Goddess of Teotihuacan.

These pyramids date back to 200 BC, they were so cool. But what wasn't cool was the smog in Mexico. I swear I felt like I was eating the air.


Frightening, I know. I bought this Lucha Libre mask for Collin, but I had more fun with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry you got sick down there, but hey you got a cool mask! and you didn't die :)

Team O'Connor said...

Did you push the old lady with the cane down after you showed her up by beating her to the top? I would have. Haha. Just kidding. I wouldn't have. Those pyramids look pretty awesome. Not as awesome as the mask but they're still cool.

Ashley said...

How Fun! Minus the near death vomiting experience. Yikes. Did you eat from a sketchy street vendor or something?

Love the last picture! haha.

Rachel said...

I got sick on the plane ride there, so it wasn't from any sketchy food, luckily.

Carrie, I wouldn't say I "Pushed" the old lady, just held her back so I could make it up first. Okay, okay, she beat me. And I'm pretty sure she was giggling at me and saying "silly American girl."