Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ya...It's Like That

My sister-in-law, Heidi, recently wrote a post about lowering your expectations in order to find happiness and peace amidst the chaos of motherhood. She didn't have this realization until she had 5 kids, and I only have 3, but I'm there. With working a full-time job (and then some on certain days) and having three kids, a house and a husband...it is a juggling act that I am not very good at sometimes. Sometimes work suffers and I forget about a project and sometimes the kids suffer and I forget to feed them. And on really special days, like today, you realize you are in a sad state of affairs when it is 11:00 AM and everyone is still in their pajamas, you have to kick things out of your way to make a trail from the living room to the kitchen, your baby eats a pea that has been on the floor anywhere from one day to months, and you feel something on your leg and realize you have had a diaper attached to it. And said diaper has probably been there longer than a few minutes. Tomorrow will be better, right? RIGHT!?



4 comments:

Kristi said...

Rachel, you are seriously SO funny!

Heidi said...

I succesfully got Holly out of pj's before she ate lunch today and I just shrugged my shoulders when I found a used diaper under the bed. Never mind it's been weeks since we've used that brand of diaper. I love my life.

Anonymous said...

hey at least it wasn't poopie :)

Carol and Tyler said...

Hahahahaa........


Thanks for the visual of the diaper. It made it way better.