Thursday, October 8, 2009

why do birds suddenly appear?


Every time

You

Are

Near?

I know it seems like I share a lot of embarrassing moments with you. But the sad truth is that I withhold a lot of information for fear of sounding (if possible) even crazier than I really am. So I have a story for you that I was going to keep to myself. I told Rand and his reaction alone confirmed that this was probably something I should keep to myself. But on further contemplation (and for the sake entertaining my readers) I decided it was funnier than it was embarrassing. And so here you go. This is your reward for enduring my craziness via this blog. You deserve it.

I have sleep issues. I have insomnia, night terrors (thought only kids got those, but I am lucky), sleepwalking, sleep–talking, sleep-cleaning, sleep-just-get-up-and-move-randomly-about-the-house. But A few nights ago I had a new sleep experience. I woke up from a strange dream. It was strange because it seemed so normal, and I am not known for your basic run-of-the-mill dreams. End of the world, yes. Demon children in forests, yes. Serial killers chasing me, yes. And my favorite, me and Emily going off the cliff to our untimely deaths (I just like to mention this because it REALLY upsets her when I talk about it). So anyway, my dream was of me buying songs on iTunes. So I woke up and thought “what a boring dream.” And didn’t think anything more of it. Then I got an email from iTunes. It was a receipt for 3 songs. It wasn’t a dream, I got on iTunes, logged in, searched through songs, bought three of them and entered in my credit card information. How scary is that? So you want to know what my subconscious mind wants to listen to? The Airborne Toxic Event, Metric (never heard of them), and the Carpenters.


10 comments:

Melanie said...

WOW! That is a WIDE range of crazy, Rach. :)

Love it.

Ashley said...

Lol. That is hilarious!

You are crazy.

Sylvia said...

WOW.

Rachel said...

Hey, let's look at this logically. I only spent $3. I could have bought a TV or a prostitute or something. I'm not helping much am I?

Ashley said...

That's true. This really could have been so much worse. I was secretly hoping that it would be. hehe.

Rachel said...

Ash, that is what is scary. iTunes is only the beginning...now I know what I'm capable of I'm worried next time it will be much worse. I think I should be shackled while I sleep.

Andrea Templeman said...

I think you should take a deep dark look at the reasons why you ordered the songs you ordered...are they trying to tell you something?

Karrie said...

That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

sweet!

cheers for chocolate said...

At least you didn't order a mail order bride...did you? Watch your mail box!!!