Monday, September 22, 2008

I love the 90's

So...Stef had these questions posted on her blog and I was just thinking how much I miss the 90's. It was such a simpler time. There were no cell phones, no texting. No Hills or Fergie or Paris Hilton. No reality TV, no skinny jeans. I miss my flannel shirts and my doc martins. I miss my silver lipstick and incense. I miss my life size poster of Kurt Cobain.

One thing I don't miss....Highschool.

Here are the questions from Stef's blog:


1.Did you date someone from your high school: Once or twice

2. What kind of car did you drive? A black Chevy Cavalier. It had aqua lightning bolts on it. I miss it so.

3. What is your most embarrassing moment in high school?:Every single day.

4. Were you a party animal?:hardly.

5. Were you considered a flirt?:Only if you were a boy who wore lots of black, was depressed and wore black fingernail polish. Being in a band would help too.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?:Nope.

7. Were you a nerd? :In ways I myself will never even fully understand.

8. Were you on any varsity teams?:Ha. No.


9. Did you get suspended/expelled?:Once the principal called my mom in and told me I would be suspended for skipping so much school. Seems kind of counter-productive, don't you think?

10. Can you still sing the fight song?:We are the Tigers...the mighty mighty tigers. Oh, wait...that is the Frosted Flakes Jingle.

11. Who were your favorite teachers?:Mrs. Giles, my English teacher. I never once missed her class, she was the coolest 70 year old I ever met.

12. Where did you sit during lunch?:At Taco Amigo with Andrea. Mostly we didn't go back to school after that.

13. School Mascot?:Viking. It was a Trojan, but I guess that it was a little too controversial for little old Pleasant Grove to be associated with Condoms. Didn't Vikings rape and pillage? I guess that is better...right?

14. Did you go to homecoming and with who?:No and Nobody.

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you?:Not for all the money in the world.

16. What do you remember most about graduation?: That I actually did...Graduate that is.

17. Where did you go senior skip day?:Um....could you narrow down the date? Every day my senior year was a skip day.

18. Have you gained weight since then?:Weight, no. Size, yes. Someone should explain to me how that is possible.

19. Who was your prom date?:Nobody. Why do you insist on bringing this up? I was a loser okay? I went to 2 dances my entire high school career. Okay????

20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?:I already missed it.

21. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?:Not to take anything seriously. Highschool is not reality. It is an alternate universe where the rules of the real world do not apply. Everything is magnified and made to seem so important. It isn't. Once I experienced the real world, I realized that I took everything way to seriously.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do miss Taco Amigo I wish we had one closer... And I was alot younger and thiner hee-hee

Stefanie Raynes said...

I love the 90's too! OH, the good ol' days...and I LOVE Taco Amigo...I ate there last night....yum...

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

I agree with you on #15 and I would go farther to say I wish I had taken the GED and moved onto college earlier. At least 1/2 of HS was a time waster.

Ashley said...

Lol. This is why I love you.

Heidi said...

So nice to know I wasn't the only one who barely survived High School. I hated it. Even when I try really hard, I still can't think of too many good memories. But I'm loving life now and, like you said, realize that none of that really mattered. So glad to be done with it all.