Tuesday, May 20, 2008

They're baaaack


Although I love spring and summer, there is one horrible side effect to the nice weather. Grasshoppers. There are few things in life that I hate more. They are disgusting and their evil eyes eat your soul. Okay, not really, but I just can't describe in words how much I hate them. Every year I tell myself that I won't be as afraid of them this year, that I won't run screaming away from them and leave my children stranded in the street. So I made this promise to myself again this year...and then yesterday I saw my first grasshopper of the season and I forgot about all of that as I lost all rational thought and ran the other way. Damn you all vile creatures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhh great picture! They are the nastiest things on earth! ewwwwww!

Heidi said...

Just so you know-Oregon doesn't have grasshoppers. One more great reason you guys should move up here!

Chanin said...

I feel your pain. Just ask my kids sometime about the day at the park when the big dog came and mommy ran up the slide and stayed their until the dog left. They still laugh at me.