Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gardens


This past weekend we visited the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. My hope was that I would walk around enough that I would eventually go into labor. No such luck, just a sore back. It was gorgeous though and I especially enjoyed it after our disastrous visit last year. We went in the late summer last year and well...hot summer+lots of plants to eat=freakishly huge grasshoppers. I spent about 30 minutes hyperventilating and running around trying to dodge them and then we left. At one point Rand took the kids so I could sit in a grasshopper free zone and try to catch my breath, but then these two little boys started picking up the grasshoppers and throwing them. I'm pretty sure I was crying by the end. This time around, I didn't spot one of those little green demons. It was beautiful.

2 comments:

dana liston said...

those gardens look beautiful. I'll have to go and check them out. Hey, when is that little baby coming? Soon? Let us know okay.

Anonymous said...

I need to take my family, but not during grasshopper season ewwwww! Thanks to the Lindstrom boys for making us that way!