Thursday, October 16, 2008

Make Checks Payable to...

I usually try to keep my posts lighthearted....I figure life sucks enough that you don't need to read about my problems. So I apologize for this post, but I guess I just need a little therapeutic venting. Here are the facts:

1) My husband lost his job a month and a half ago
2) I found out I was pregnant a week later (trying to be excited, and I'm sure I will get there)
3) I have thrown up an average of 5 times a day the past month and haven't slept more than 3 hours a night
3) My boss quit today...so I'm pretty sure this means I don't have a job either
4) I have two little kids who don't care about any of the above and need me to take care of them and pretend like everything is fine.

Needless to say, my stress levels are at record highs. And trust me, they are usually at a fairly high level on a regular day, so the meter is about broken at this point.

Send well-wishes my way. I need them. But don't hug me the next time you see me. I'm not there yet. I might be soon. I will keep you posted.

Wow. That was enough self-pity for a lifetime. I feel a little guilty about indulging, considering there are plenty of people who would trade my problems for theirs in a second. Well maybe not plenty, but at least a few.

8 comments:

Melanee Raynes said...

Love you, Rach.

Kalli Ko said...

yowsas Rachel

first of all Congrats on the Bebe!

2nd of all... totally sucky work crap, that blows

3rd of all...you're great

Melanie said...

Um, WTF? My little brain is reeling right now. ARGH!! I am so excited for you (though I can totally understand your TRYING to be excited under the circumstances. . . even without the job stuff, the puking makes it tough. AND, I can't BELIEVE your boss left. . . I am in shock. Don't leave. DANG IT!

Sylvia said...

Okay, I know it's hard to be excited under the circumstances, but congrats on the baby, Rachel!!! It's a good thing: we need more cute children in this world and you make cute ones.

But all the other stuff bites and I'm really, really sorry. That stinks bad. Things'll get better, I'm sure of it.

If it makes you feel any better, you're an awesome writer and your blog always makes me guffaw! Like, mouth hanging open, shoulder slumped, staring at the screen guffawing like a big dumb idiot. See? Doesn't that visual make you feel better?

Dainon. said...

It's been a day. You ready for a hug now? Here I come.

Rachel said...

I think I made the hug thing clear. I have not sunk that low yet.

Aimee said...

Well, I know how you feel about hugs, but I'm sending you a virtual one anyway. We JUST went through this about 2 months ago and it's pretty stank, I definitely have more sympathy for people now that I know how it feels when your spouse loses their job! I hope everything works out. And congrats on the baby! I know I may sound half crazy, but when Steve lost his job I actually thought about how nice it would be to get pregnant then, because you can get on Medicaid for the whole pregnancy! I just think it would be nice to not have to worry about hospital bills. Anyway, I know things will work out for you, probably better in the end!

Heidi said...

I haven't read blogs for a long time and was excited to read more about the pregnancy but sad that things are so rough. Sorry you've been sick! I'm glad Rand is a good help. Like I've said many times, we lucked out with our Bruno boys. Hope your sick days are almost over. Any luck with Rand's job? Keep me posted. Love ya!