Monday, June 16, 2008

Maura's Birthday Extravaganza

So...I went a little overboard with the Birthday activities. It was one thing after another this year. I guess you only turn 5 once so I gave in to everything Maura wanted to do this year. She requested a "Rock" themed birthday so she had to wear a guitar shirt, have a guitar cake, and she handed out her own "Monster Mix" CD to everyone that came to her party (along with inflatable microphones to sing along). While she was picking out songs for the CD, I almost shed a tear when she said she "had to have Purple Haze" on it. I am so proud. Anyway, here is a list of the festivities in order:

Breakfast in Bed (but she let Collin join in)


The Aquarium

Family BBQ

The awesome cake I made


At Thanksgiving Point with her friends


I think I just kept the activities going so I wouldn't stop to think about how my baby is 5 years old. How is it possible? It has not been five years!

How did she go from this:
To this?
Anyway, I love you Maura! Just stop growing already!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Holy Cow! 5 years old! That is a killer guitar cake. I love that she appreciates the good tunes.

Chanin said...

She is so beautiful, Rach! I can't believe how she looks more and more like you all the time.

Melanee Raynes said...

Wowza. I remember sitting next to Rand talking about you almost having her. I guess I've known your fam for a while.

Anonymous said...

whooo hoo! Maura is so funny, I'm glad she had an awesome day!

Heidi said...

You can never spoil a kid too much on their birthday. That's what birthdays are for!