Monday, April 28, 2008

If the Shoe Fits

This weekend I attempted to take my kids on a nice outing with mom to Thanksgiving Point. As usual, things didn't really go too well. We got to the Farm and there was a line out to the parking lot. I didn't think that many people wanted to go see some smelly pigs and horses, but I guess there are limited activities in Utah Valley on a Saturday morning. So we waited in line all of 3 minutes before I lost patience and we left. We then went to see a 3D movie about Dinosaurs. Maura wouldn't open her eyes because she was scared and Collin kicked me the whole time and once the popcorn and candy was gone, so was he, wandering everywhere and throwing things at people. We finally left and as we are pulling out onto the street Maura cries, "Mommy, we left Sally! You have to go back!" So I turned around stopped in the middle of the parking lot and opened the door. I told Maura that Sally had 3 seconds to get in. So we are sitting in the parking lot (with cars behind us) and Maura is yelling, "Sally, hurry, run!" Sally got in and we took off...I'm sure we baffled a few people who I'm sure thought I was nuts. Who am I to argue?

6 comments:

Andrea Templeman said...

I can't believe you turned around for Sally. You are a MUCH nicer mom than me!

Heidi said...

Sometimes we try so hard as moms and things just don't go right. But we keep trying because some of those things are going to be cherised and rememberd and that makes it all worth it. I love that you stopped for Sally. That's true love.

Anonymous said...

You can't forget SALLY--she'd come haunt you forever! ha/ha. You are good to stop... I would go she'll catch up!

Ashley said...

You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now!!!!!!!!!!! Good old Sally...You're such a good mom, Rachel. I probably would have cursed at Sally and Maura. lol. Miss you and your Sally stories. Keep writing about them!

Sylvia said...

HA HA HA, this made me laugh so hard! I TOTALLY wouldn't have stopped for Sally. You're a good mom!

Ryan Templeman said...

Here's the thing-- how did Sally get home from the hospital? She obviously has some ligitament form of transportation (teleportation). I say leave her behind and hire an exorcist.